Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More Praiseworthy Video: Jot the Dot

The animated short Jot the Dot appeared on my local television station's afternoon Children's show (anyone remember those?) in the early 70's. Jot was created in 1964 and aired all over the world teaching short bible lessons to kids. I remember these vividly and loved them. I have looked for them for years and just ran across a couple on YouTube, a site with some praiseworthy elements, but also a lot of unpraiseworthy elements so beware. In the comments section I found out the a video can be purchased here. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy the two I found on YouTube.



8 comments:

hannah said...

my daddy told me about this and i love it. i wish it was on t.v. again

Jill said...

Me too Hannah. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I was telling my daughter about Jot this evening in the car. I remember my parents buying me a blue Jot pillow. I was a huge fan. Thanks to your blog, I can pass along the joy. Thanks.

Jill said...

I'm glad you liked it! I wish they would put it out on DVD.

Anonymous said...

JOT the DOT is owned by FamilyNet TV and still airs on Saturday mornings. www.familynet.com

Jill said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the information!!

Cammy said...

Do you know where to buy these. I was so very happy to find them here. I loved jot as a child,....well I still love jot and I am 46! I remember they used to send things to you in the mail if you wrote to them. My email is emunagarden@gmail.com
Please write! Have a blessed day I would dearly love to buy these!

Jan said...

Do you have a picture of the blue Jot pillow? My friend speaks very lovingly about having one as a child and I would love to get one made for her. I talked to the network that owns Jot now and there is no merchandise. Thanks! jan m watson @ yahoo com.